Last Modified: 2020-12-23 08:20 PM CST
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.
We take extra steps to prevent all servers from any unnecessary downtime or outages, but sometimes issues arise. This document describes what our guarantees are and how our customers get compensated should an outage occur.
At any point that our Service Level Agreement (SLA) is not met, we offer a credit to an affected customer’s hourly resources consumption based on ($) * outage duration (hours) * 2. This credit does not stack for multiple outages on the same billable service. The maximum amount of credit redeemable in a single calendar month shall not exceed one month, or 30 days of service, whichever is greater. Reimbursement not available to customers with a delinquent account or open/pending/refunded chargebacks. Reimbursement only available upon customer request, and must be requested within 30 days from the time you become eligible for credit. Reimbursement credit may not be exchanged for, or converted to, monetary compensation in any situation.
Our SLA does not include any guarantees for scheduled maintenance or downtime. For a maintenance window to be classified as scheduled, it must be published to customer 48 hours prior to the start time. Based on your email preferences, you may not get an email alerting you of the outage, however all customers can find a notice on the DynaCentri Status page.
If our hardware, network, or service platform fail for any continuous time period extending an hour, you may be eligible for a partial credit refund or extension of service time. System maintenance and repair time is not eligible or counted towards downtime to a service. Extended maintenance or unexpected maintenance may be eligible, solely at DynaCentri's discretion. Contacting support would be required to assess the potential for a refund. Any malicious attacks to our network, hardware, or services are not guaranteed for a refund. Any custom software installed by the customer or on behalf of the customer that create erroneous problems, failed (crashed) services, or downtime are also not eligible for a refund.
DynaCentri partners with several vendors that provide 100% network & infrastructure availability guarantees, excluding any scheduled maintenance. Network uptime comprises the full function of all cabling, switches, routers, and network interchanges within our network. Network outages caused by upstream providers, such as your ISP, are not covered by our SLA. Network attacks such as Denial of Service or other malicious events are also not covered by our SLA. Network downtime exists if a customer's server is unable to transmit and receive data from any traffic on the assigned IP address for their services. Network downtime is measured by either our internal reporting system or the first conversation/chat/email from the customer describing the issue.
DynaCentri offers a 99.5% uptime guarantee in any given month. We guarantee the proper function of the hardware for both shared and dedicated server customers and will replace any components that fail at no cost to the customer. In the event that hardware components fail, the downtime is measured after the 4 hours from the initial report via either our internal reporting system or the first conversation/chat/email from the customer. This 4 hour window gives our partner datacenters time to identify, diagnose, and replace any failed hardware within a reasonable amount of time.
Customers are automatically covered, free of charge, with the following exceptions:
- When a customer account is not in good financial standing with DynaCentri, defined as having a past due account balance.
- Circumstances beyond DynaCentri's reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, terrorism, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, or failure of any customer provided equipment.
- Scheduled maintenance
- Domain name service (DNS) issues related to third party DNS providers
- Outage or error of any monitoring systems (i.e. credits not automatically granted because measurement system fails)
- Customers acts or omissions, including without limitation, any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the network or services in breach of any applicable service agreement between Customer and DynaCentri, including but not limited to DynaCentri's Terms of Service, by Customer, its employees, agents or others authorized by Customer
- This Service Level Agreement applies only to services provided by DynaCentri
- Service Level Agreements that are negotiated and incorporated into a service agreement between DynaCentri and Customer take precedence over those described in this document
- DynaCentri, in its sole discretion, may amend or revise this SLA at any time. Such amendments or revisions will be considered effective when an updated SLA is posted on DynaCentri's website.